CCEE Los Angeles County Teacher of the Year
This CFALA-sponsored award recognizes a K–12 teacher in Los Angeles County who has made an outstanding contribution to teaching economics or financial literacy in a public or private school.
Nominate a teacher who has gone above and beyond to creatively teach economics or financial literacy in the classroom.
- Must have used at least one CCEE program in the classroom in 2013
- Must have demonstrated creativity in teaching economics or financial literacy
- Demonstrated improved student economic literacy or financial literacy
- K–12 teachers in public or private schools in Los Angeles
- All experience levels: first-year teachers to highly seasoned pros
- Eligible subjects: government, history/social studies, mathematics, economics, personal finance
- Must have worked in Los Angeles County in 2013
- Must be available to attend the CFALA Forecast Dinner in January 2014 (Date and Time TBD), Los Angeles, CA
If you know a teacher who has passionately incorporated CCEE programs or lesson into the classroom, nominate him or her today!
- Fill out the application form below by Monday, January 6, 2014
- Winner selected Wednesday, January 8, 2014
- Winner announced on Wednesday, January 29, 2014
- You may nominate yourself or be nominated by a principal or other teacher
- Judges may narrow down the nominees to three semi-finalists to observe in the classroom
- Winner is awarded a $500 cash prize and is recognized at the 2014 CFALA Forecast Dinner and a press release
Good luck to all nominees!